Sunday, January 15, 2012

In the beginning...

In the beginning, there was the occasional purchase of delicious Homer Hudson Choc Rock, or anything from the Maggie Beer ice cream collection. But then, Santa, in all his wisdom delivered me an ice cream making machine this Christmas.

Once my pretty machine made it back to Melbourne from Christmas with the family, it took a number of days to test it out...kids, life, a little fear of a new machine held me back.  The opening ice cream recipe came directly from the machine's instruction manual - lame I know - but I needed a starting point.

Banana Ice Cream, was delicious.  If I made it again, I would use super super ripe banana's (like you use when making banana bread). Sprinkle some crushed nuts over the top - Yum!

Banana Ice Cream (from Lumina Ice Cream Maker Instruction Manual)
Ingredients: 
1 Large Banana
200 ml Skim Milk
100 ml Thickened Cream
50g Sugar

Method:
Mash the banana until smooth. Mix in skim milk, thickened cream and sugar. Pour mixture into your ice cream machine, follow your machines instructions for mixing - mine was around 20 mins. Allow to freeze in freezer until desired consistency is achieved. 


ICE CREAM FACT: The first commercial ice cream was produced in Australia in 1907 (http://www.streets.com.au/love-the-facts/)

No comments:

Post a Comment